What's new

Hors d'oeuvres

Mike Lamb

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
1,641
Reaction score
598
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bruschetta


Spanakopita



Cucumbers on Rye


Prosciutto Wrapped Melon


Stuffed Mushrooms
 
Post for a critique or just sharing? If you are just sharing I want to try all :)
 
Post for a critique or just sharing? If you are just sharing I want to try all :)
Both. My wife caters for small parties. She let me sample and take pics.
 
I think the lighting is a bit flat and uninteresting.
They do look tasty though. ;)
 
I think they would look better if you bumped up the saturation just a bit and made the colours pop more.
 
Post for a critique or just sharing? If you are just sharing I want to try all :)
Both. My wife caters for small parties. She let me sample and take pics.
Well, then you have a great reason to start being interested in food photography :)
It will be good for both of you. She can use your photos for advertising and you'll enjoy so much photographing food, at least I do :)

I think the lighting is a bit flat and uninteresting.
They do look tasty though. ;)

That^

They all look tasty because we kind of expect them to be tasty, not because you represent it that way.
Think about arranging those, lighting them, about colors ... and how to make them more appealing for a viewer?
These look like you approach them and just did a quick snapshot without actually thinking about how to make your subject more appealing, fresh an tasty. Sometime less is more.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom