Horse Fly O.O

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone. I was out today, and I cought this little guy. I dont think these shots are magnificent in any way, but I figured Id share anyway. C&C always welcome if youd like. I hope you enjoy:

DSC_1079.jpg

DSC_1065.jpg

3 Focus..=\
DSC_1068.jpg

DSC_1077.jpg

This is actually two different flies, I believe. I shot them at two separate times. Separated 1-2 and 3-4.

Mark

Nice shots....are you sure on the ID? Looks more like a flesh fly or variant rather than a horsefly....The horseflies I've seen have some wickedly patterned eyes.

Thanks. No, Im not too sure about the variety. We just call them horse flies, always have. I cant find a good bug identification website to figure this kind of thing out.

Mark

It's cause everything is blurry green except for those crisp cherry-red eyes...

Thanks. No, Im not too sure about the variety. We just call them horse flies, always have. I cant find a good bug identification website to figure this kind of thing out.

Mark

www.bugguide.net for anything photographed in the US....amazing site with a place to upload for ID requests...or you can just search on your own. You will usually get fast ID's and there are a bunch of entemologists on the site.

Most reactions

Back