Horse Jumping!!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
waveney_harriers_hunter_trial_2021_26_by_overread_dertcaj-fullview.jpg

YES! I got out and took photos!! Actual photos! REAL LIVE PHOTOS!

I feel darn rusty after over a year since I last properly got out and, of course, getting back out meant finding somewhere jumping horses!

Wow, has it really been that long?? You caught some good action here! I've always enjoyed these - lots of action and intensity from both horse and rider. Nice work!

Thanks guys!
And yeah the very last thing I did photography wise was getting out to a horse event the day before the first lockdowns in 2020 March! Since then nothing action based (besides a crazy husky in winter ;)) so I was very rusty.

It didn't help that it was a totally new site to me and a very open course; actually insanely open as I don't think they get many spectators normally so there were basically zero barriers - which is both a good thing and a downside when you're trying to work out where to go.

That said my timing wasn't totally a disaster and I got away with more shots than I thought I would. The only real downside was that there weren't many competitors - which considering I know of two fairly big events that have had to cancel, is something hitting all the events right now. I think there's still a fair bit of fear about corona as well as other stresses and problems going on right now that is keeping people away from events. Still hoping I can find a few more to attend before the year is out.

Nice shot.

Love the action shot!

Nice shot. How you did that is amazing. I couldn't do that, I ignored the media and got out almost every day to shoot.

Thanks both!

Kirk even if I'd ignored the media a lot of events just weren't running at all; even now there's multiple ones that are running with hardly any attending or having to stop. A few are doing well and don't seem as heavily affected, but everything is just really wonky at present.

Thanks both!

Kirk even if I'd ignored the media a lot of events just weren't running at all; even now there's multiple ones that are running with hardly any attending or having to stop. A few are doing well and don't seem as heavily affected, but everything is just really wonky at present.
Oh, events, I had going out into the woods and taking pics of animals in mind. Two totally different things. I understand, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back