Jaemie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jaemierobinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry. That title really stinks. :p

Anyway, this might be the world's most boring photo, but I keep finding myself looking at it. I like the light and textures, and that last few feet of aqua-coloured hose seem rather cheerful. Well, That's what I see. Lol.. Any opinions?

$Hose 1 a.jpg

It's nice! :)

Thank you, both. I feel kind of silly posting this one. Like I should know better or something. Maybe I've been staring at my own photos too long.

Great title, actually. The hose would be a great element in a composition, but it doesn't work for me as the whole image.

ChristopherCoy said:
your eye follows that hose around and around and around in circles, despite how hard you try not too.

Haha true story :biglaugh:

Interesting idea. You've got a visual idea that traps the eye and holds it.

Now go do something interesting with it!

(I don't mean this as a negative -- quite the contrary, what I mean is "great work, but I bet you can take it a lot further and make something that's really good and that you really like out of it")

You know how to get attention with the title of your post.
Like you, my eye naturally goes to this sort of image and I find myself photographing this type of thing a lot. It doesn't always produce a good picture. In your case I think it does work. You could play with it a bit more and see what happens. Have you tried converting to black and white ? It might be a good b/w image.

Eh, for me personally, it's just a photo of a hose coiled up on the ground.

Maybe I just have adverse reactions to water hoses...reminds me too much of my dirty truck and the wife's dirty car....:confused:

Thank you, both. I feel kind of silly posting this one. Like I should know better or something. Maybe I've been staring at my own photos too long.

You could always switch over to staring at your own belly button...there's NOTHING quite as enjoyable as a good,long navel-gazing session!!!

What's interesting to me is the juxtaposition of the rectilinear brick pattern against the circular hose pattern--which is presented against a light brick/dark brick and crushed gravel background...yeah, it's a simple photo, and yet...there is PLENTY for the eye to feast upon!

"the juxtaposition of the rectilinear brick pattern against the circular hose pattern--which is presented against a light brick/dark brick and crushed gravel background"

That's waaay to deep for this 'ol farm boy. Sorry Jaemie, but I just see a garden hose. Now, if you were to add a crayon and padlock....LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back