Hot shoe mounted flash

Speckles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a cheapie and I have been practicing with it by bouncing the light. I was wondering if a catch light was possible or perhaps I just suck at this. lmao Anyhow, here is a shot I got Easter Sunday. I know the baby has motion blur. The older 2 were fighting like cats and dogs so I just snagged this quick snapshot. C&C welcome. :) Oh and yes, the background sucks. :)

DSC_1596-web.jpg

I like it. I think the baby has a great expression and the middle child is so adorable being all mad. I think its a great shot and keep practicing :thumbup:

Assuming you're bouncing the flash straight up, you can always tape an index card or a white post-it note to the flash (the side closest to you, so it would be "behind" the light). That would give you a little bit of catchlight.

Assuming you're bouncing the flash straight up, you can always tape an index card or a white post-it note to the flash (the side closest to you, so it would be "behind" the light). That would give you a little bit of catchlight.

I can angle the flash, but I think for this shot I had it straight up. I will try the index card trick next time, thanks!

Thank you, Eva. That middle child is so freaking mean. lmao This pic pretty much sums up each of their personalities.

Most reactions

Back