What's new

Hotspots....disapear after a few seconds in ACR?!

battletone

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 22, 2009
Messages
285
Reaction score
1
Location
Somewhere in the lower 48.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So after taking some nighttime photos, I noticed I have a few more hot pixels (those red ones) than I thought I did....plus on a couple snaps of the same scene I have a handful of white pixels (whatever those are) that can be seen in the same spot of multiple photos. :confused:

So I took a 30 second exposure with the lens cap on to see where my pixels are.

I count 4 hot pixels. I didn't see the white ones, but I couldn't zoom in because once I zoomed in with ACR, they disappeared. They seem to automatically disappear before my eyes even if I just open the RAW and let it sit for a couple of seconds. If I open the RAW and then open it in Photoshop, they do not transfer over. :no smile: However, they seem to show up in my jpgs, and I know they have been there in previous RAWs that I opened into PS.

What gives?
 
My guess would be automatic hot pixel removal as part of the noise reduction setup. But that's just a guess. I tend to just clone hot pixels out in PP.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom