What's new

House HDR

hahaha.. we are all over the board here! I see the shot as moody and atmospheric... almost spooky in some ways. The power lines add a touch of technology and modernism (every day humdrum) that kill the mood for me.....

funny how we all have our preferences!
 
hahaha.. we are all over the board here! I see the shot as moody and atmospheric... almost spooky in some ways. The power lines add a touch of technology and modernism (every day humdrum) that kill the mood for me.....

funny how we all have our preferences!


But Charlie, most likely those power lines were there before that house was built. So for me it helps establishes a time frame.
 
Thanks for comments and critique everyone
smile_drunk_cheer.gif
 
If powerlines just cut across the picture as a black line then they should be removed. But in this case they are actually part of the scene, telephone poles and all. I think people are just conditioned to be anal about powerlines because they are usually just an unsightly line or 3. Power lines dont add modernization to me. They tell of a time when people were too stupid to bury the cables. You hardly see lines any more in modern subdivisions. Your processing isnt the kind of style I like personally, but if you like it, whose to say its bad. I do think you should have posted it in the HDR forum instead of landscape since the main comments are about your processing rather than your composition.
Oh, I forgot to ask.....what is the typeface you used for your name on the pic?
 
Last edited:
I like the diagonals and the compositional contrast the powerlines impart. They seem to help enhance the feeling of 'being passed over' that the derelict house gives off.
 
Man, you have a natural eye for great composition.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
 
Thanks Aaron :)
 
Can't believe no one has mentioned it. Really don't like the black padding above and below the image that you've chose to present this with. It does nothing but make the image smaller. It's not serving a purpose that I can see, either.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom