What's new

House Sparrows in flight!

coffeefilter

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 25, 2014
Messages
74
Reaction score
18
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm learning how to catch birds in flight, and today during my practice, I caught these House Sparrows. Compositionally, these kind of suck. It's a neighborhood packed tight with houses, cars, wires, fences and trees, so there's not much of a good shot anywhere. What I was going for was focus on the bird and freezing the wings. These are my first that don't look terribly terrible, most of them cropped with noise reduction. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve?

$DSC_1722.webp$DSC_1922.webp$DSC_1952.webp
$DSC_1955.webp This was part of a group of 5-7 that flew around the neighborhood chirping loudly. I think they were letting other birds know that this is their area.
$DSC_1964-2.webp
 
First one looks like it would be great as a tight crop (if there's enough MP...) most of the rest look a little dark IMO.
Getting in closer would help but it makes the normal difficulties of tracking/focusing/stopping motion harder still!
(I certainly couldn't mange)
Creditable attempts, that'll take lots of hard work to improve on - small birds in flight are a real challenge.
 
Well, I like challenges. Seems to be how I operate best.

I've corrected some of the things you mention, here are the updates:

$DSC_1722.webp$DSC_1859.webp$DSC_1922.webp$DSC_1952.webp$DSC_1955.webp$DSC_1964.webp


Here's an extra: a male House Finch scratching his face.
$DSC_1691.webp
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom