hovercraft, triathlon, metal detector, windsock

Surrealist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.edinburgh-east-ssp.org
CIMG3358.JPG

There is so much going on in this photo - but it's your average morning on the beach here in Portobello, Edinburgh.

OK - from right to left -

1. The windsock you see is actually part of an art installation called "Big Things On The Beach" which is supposed to convey the message of continuity between old local industries like brick-making and salt, and the modern era.

2. The guy with the metal detector was looking for buried treasure, or maybe some coinage dropped by yesterday's visitors.

3. The hover bovver boys were busy floating along the beach, unfortunately spraying ...

4. ...the man sitting having a cup of tea and a cigarette, who hastily covered his cup but not before it got a couple of spoonsful of sand, just for good measure. He then started to gesticulate at the hovercraft pilots.

5. The runner you can see on the extreme left of the photo was taking part in the triathlon which was taking place this morning.

Phew!

My son says "No more triathlon pics?"
He is a triathlet, albeit one at the very beginning, but he likes the photos! Mostly so the first of your second post, where they all come climbing out of the water, some still swimming, undressing while they go running to the changing zone to get on their bikes.

Do you happen to have any more, though?

"Swim, cycle, run, Auntie Rachel's having fun" :D
Thanks for showing us your entire album - some of the swimmers' pics show even better than the one linked to here what I meant when I said they undress on the moment of leaving the water. There is one (forgot the number, maybe 19 from the 39?) that shows one triathlet half out of his wetsuit, his bicycle outfit underneath (which is what they do, they swim in both outfits!), checking his watch at the same time. That one just says sooo much!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back