How about these youngsters

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change things..

The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1987.

They are too young to remember the first space shuttle blowing up on liftoff.

Their lifetime has always included AIDS.

Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.

The CD was introduced the year they were born.

They have always had an answering machine.

They have always had cable.

They cannot fathom not having a remote control.

Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.

Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.

They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.

They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.

They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.

They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de plane, Boss, de plane".

They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.

McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

Do you feel old yet?

Repost. You're too slow!

I was born in '86... but in PL... and McDonalds came here in 1994 :):) hahahahaha

Yes, I am old but not that old, yet.
I remember what I did on our bi-centennial
I remember when ELO came to the Aud in concert, and almost went
I remember what I was doing the day Elvis died
I still, yes still, have an 8-track player that works – With 8-track tapes
I remember listening to “afternoon delight” on the radio while camping (no not easy listening.)
Going to my friend’s garage for a Kiss concert
Going to Disney World before there was Epcot

oh gawd! I am only 31 yrs old and that just made me feel like an old fart! Born in 74 - before the microwave! When we first got cable, there was no remote, you had to get up and slide the bar accross to which channel you wanted it on! LOL But as one of my favorite songs goes "It was 1970 somethin - It was 1980 somethin - and I wouldnt trade those days for nothin!"

The one that really went home to me was the Jay Leno on the Tonight show, I still think of him as the new guy!

Daniel said:
In america if you don't have cable or satellite, what do you have? Is there terrestrial in America?

What's terrestrial? If you don't have cable or satallite, you have over the air channels, which doesn't amount to much, but it's all we had most of the time growing up. And for us, the only channel that came in well was Fox, so it's really the only thing we watched. Guess that explains some things, huh?

core_17 said:
What's terrestrial? If you don't have cable or satallite, you have over the air channels, which doesn't amount to much, but it's all we had most of the time growing up. And for us, the only channel that came in well was Fox, so it's really the only thing we watched. Guess that explains some things, huh?

Terrestrial might be what you call over the air channels. In the UK it consists of the famous world wide BBC (1 and 2) ITV, Channel 4 (gaining some knowledge in america? They get all the American programs - Lost, ER Depsarate Housewives, Smallville etc) and channel 5.

You can get close to a thousand channels on SKY digital (satellite) but none of them are as good as the terrestrial whihc is essentially free with you only having to pay your Tv license.

SKY has some benefits like sports channels and movie channels but in general terrestiral is superior. It's the back bone and origin of TV in britain and i've never heard of anything like it in America so I get the feeling it's slightly different there.

ohhh and I thought this was funny! My 6 yr old and I were talking one day and I was telling him how when I was his age, we did not have microwaves, because they were not out yet. He said "so how did you cook your microwave dinners?" bahahahahahahahaha!

Yep but it's not major :

A colour TV Licence costs £126.50 and a black and white licence costs £42.00.

spacer.gif

It pays for some very good television. That's for the year by the way. If you have just terrestrial in the UK it's not bad you can go to the cinema and the pub to watch sports.

Man...

I saw Metallica open for Ozzy shortly before Cliff Burton died.
I saw the original Star Wars in the theater.
I martched in the bicentenial parade with the rest of my class (very small town).
I also was at Disney before Epcot opened. The dome was about 3/4 built.
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing at least one of the moon landings on television. I was born a year and half before the first one.

Most reactions

Back