How Are these

Manick_nirvana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Some of my first black and whites i have printed. How do you think they look?

288699223_61d4b7deb6.jpg

288699219_5d3cd23097.jpg

288699222_032105a4bb.jpg

288699220_835d9155b2.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/106/288699220_835d9155b2.jpg?v=0

1st image is uninteresting to me... the subject of power lines (or telephone lines) in the air doesn't do anything for me as a main focus

2nd one i think i'd find it more interesting as a B&W if the focus was the chairs and their shadows. not the trees and sky in the background.

3rd is pretty cool subject, i think a different angle (perhaps circle to the right a little more?) might have brought out the relationship between the tree and the fire hydrant a little better, but the best of the group IMO, because it's interesting. nature interacting with manmade stuff, etc.

4th, again, not enough contrasting Blacks and whites to make this interesting. perhaps the lack of a phone in the phone area is interesting, but it's not really conveyed in the shot. plus with the B&W format, the blown out sky that takes up a lot of the pic is distracting. however good work on getting a different vantage point of the subject.

I see why our newbies tend to think that a photo gallery in the Foundations of Photography might be designed for some general comments/critiquing of their pics, but it would be nice to see some of them read through the guidelines first (for a change, Manick, you are not the only one to NOT have read them, by far!). It does say "Attention! Please read Critique Forum FAQs!" on the top of the page only so few seem to SEE that stickied post...)

Your thread will get moved to the General Gallery, Manick, and there people will get the chance to look at them (and I shall make them appear right in your post, which will give you an even greater chance to get comments ... and a hint: next time you link pics to the forum directly make sure your URL ends with the .jpg ... leave out the ?v=0 !!

OK, on to moving the thread and editing in the pics.

But not before I finally say WELCOME TO THE PHOTO FORUM to you, Manick :D.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back