How big is your ...

My HARD drive is 750gb.........but its only 300gb SOFT:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I have a 500 gb also.

4 inc..........I mean, I have a 500gb in laptop, 320 +80 in desktop, 500gb external, and 160gb external.

I bought that Extenz For Hard Drives kit from a TV ad with Jimmie Johnson and Jimmy Johnson...and I'll be doggoned, it DID make my hard drive fuller...and longer..and more satisfying!!!!

650gb in the tower
1.5 tb external
750gb external (gets backed up to weekly)
300gb left in a machine i use as a media server in the basement.

derrel, taylor, and geaux = :lol:

5TB in my server 750 gb in my comp and then I have various external hd's which are used for different purpose

Right now I keep current projects and all related files down to the RAW file on my laptop, which is 320gb. When they are finished I move them to a 320gb external drive, and I'm getting ready to start burning dvd's to put in my safe because I've always had concern about hard drives and how easy they can fail. I look at hard drives as just kind of an easier way to access things that I don't want on my system anymore. At the moment they just aren't very reliable backup devices.

+1 I am always worried that something will happen to either computer or external. In fact I plan to spend this evening sorting through the current pictures on my laptop deleting those that are no good and burning the rest to CD.

redundancy is SO key.

ALL my photos are on 2 drives, but even then i fear it's not enough.
im close to getting a carbonite account for that reason.
if my house burns to the ground, no amount of externals will save me.

I have a 500GB on my computer and a 1.5TB external hard drive. I put most of the pics on the external hard drive. I just keep a folder on my computer for the few that actually turn out decent that i have edited.

Roughly 9.65". If I had to guess.

OH! My mistake, i'm running two 1TB drives one is filled up the other about half way if I had to guess. My desktop has two 500gb drives also 3/4 full

Work computer has 137G (4 WD raptors in RAID 0), hopefully I'll get 2x SSD's soon and expand my capacity, and a few small HDD's 640G and 320G.

All my photos are on NAS RAID 5 array, about 9.5T capacity. (6x2T)

OS drive is 150 GB
Data (including photos) - 1 TB
Video Scratch - 500 GB
Media (music/video) - 500 GB
Backup Drive - 2 TB

I always keep the OS separate from files so that if one or the other fails, it is not a huge deal to recover. My data drive actually died about a month ago. I got everything back except a few of the images from the latest shoot were corrupted. I think the drive actually died as it was being backed-up.

138gb and 50% used up so far.

I have a 150gb HD that I work on, I go through my files as soon as I download them and ditch the bad ones or duplicates. I have a 1.5 TB external and I back up to an online server Mozy Daily.

I am sitting at 54gb used on my hd now will probably go and burn to dvd all my files older than 6 months and keep it that way. Just keep getting Seagates filling them and safing them and the DVD's I burn.

Im neurotic. :sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back