How come we can't use pictures in signatures?

M-O-S

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well.........?

The reason we have a size limit, is because we want the threads to be easy to read. If everyone had a large image in their signature...it would break up the look/flow of the actual text/images in the posts.

My signature photo meets the guide lines(slightly smaller).. you can use it for a reference if you'd like.

I made this yesterday, lol

whiteescalade0012222333cr9.gif

If this photo were to be made a signature, it would soon enough disappear. This photo certainly does NOT meet the guidelines, in several respects ... must leave this thread now or I am going mad --- must leave this thread now --- must leave this thread now --- must leave --- must ----

If this photo were to be made a signature, it would soon enough disappear. This photo certainly does NOT meet the guidelines, in several respects ... must leave this thread now or I am going mad --- must leave this thread now --- must leave this thread now --- must leave --- must ----

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
You crack me up, Corinna... :p

U not like it? Lol

Don't be mad lol

This piece actually took me long enough to try to make it perfect.........I actually think that the size limit is not good enough

I mean, I've been on boards where everyone would be freely putting in their sigs like, 2 or 3 pictures, max limit would be 600x500 or 500x600........no boredom involved

p.s. I'll be damned - didn't know u were that old, though.

Who?
Me?

Oh well.
Sorry.

Can't help it.
Complain about it to my parents then ... they made me ... back then!
EmoteShrug.gif

As to the size and flashiness of signatures, we have thought about it long and hard and come to the conclusion that this is a photography forum, not a signature forum, and that once the size or flashiness of a sig takes away from the photos shown, it is no longer good for the photos shown, you see?

Plus it may slower the forum considerably to have large and flashy sigs along with photo threads, some of which are also long and large.

So it is not our own love for rules and regulations, or our very own meanness, or our age that made us go for the signature size and flashiness guideline...

I've been on several forums that did not have limits to the sigs, and they got to be out of control. Some to the point where I stopped going because it took so long to load ever page. I'm in favor of the limits.

Yep, I'm very happy with the limits -- could be even smaller images as far as I'm concerned. I'm on a coin forum where for the longest time this guy had a signature that was too big to display on my screen, which is a 22" monitor. People like that is why I'm going bald ... at the tender young age of 23.

Increasing limit a bit would be better

Most reactions

Back