How did you spend The Last minutes of '08

tkaat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a nice long bath and then at 11:55 I made my way outside and waited for 11:59:45 and took a 30 second exposure, which ended January 1, 2009 12:00:15
DSC_9697.jpg

What did you do to end 2008?

We spent the last hour and 20 minutes of 2008 in Hamburg, right across from "Landungsbrücken" on the other side of the River Elbe and waited for the New Year to come and the boats to arrive in the harbour to "toot" and the fireworks to start, as we here in Germany traditionally end the old year and greet the new year with fireworks.

No photos as yet, but I let the little Powershot take a tiny video of 49 seconds around the change of the year where you can't see much (too dark for that tiny camera and its video function) but hear the boats. See_here . I hope the link will work.

I spent the last minutes of '08 playing at a Symphony Ball. Very boring, I know...

My wife and I watched Gran Torino by Clint Eastwood, and it ended at 23:42, so we just watched the ball drop in New York, gave each other a peck and went to bed.

Sat in front of the PC and watched the Windows clock roll over into 2009, then listened for the start of the fireworks going off over Blackpool

The wife woke me up at 5 till, laid in bed trying to wake up enough to comprehend what was going on. Wife gave me a glass off sparkling grape juice. Toasted and kissed my wife, drank my glass at the stroke of midnight. Went back to sleep five minutes later.

I was at work. Working as a waiter sucks. But at least they payed us double so that gets me closer to the 24-70 I want :p

Drinking. A lot.

I'm almost fully recovered now (thanks to a beer).

I was watching Pride and Prejudice (the 1995 version.. just had to clarify), while watching on my Mac the clock roll over into 2009. I had a glass of wine in hand, looked across the room to where my mom was raised my glass - gave a not-so-hearty 'Happy New Year' - then continued watching P&P. The end

For once, I had a truly exciting (and exceptionally cold) New Years. I spent night right in Times Square, with Corry and Unimaxium. As soon as the ball dropped, we found a late night billiards hall, and then a bar. Got back to the hotel well after 4 am... Now, I'm on a train back home.

Most reactions

Back