Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to learn how to make borders. I'd really like to learn how to do drop shadows, like in this picture I found courtesy of google image search!

http://www.melbpc.org.au/pcupdate/9808/9808article9-10.jpg

Do I need a plug in or something? Or is there a link somewhere to tutorial of a way I can do that in photoshop?

depending on what version of photoshop your using you can either:

find the frames pallet in the libraries dropdown menu, theres one with drop shadow there,

Or make a box frame around your pic and use the effects: dropshadow option

Hope this helps :)

i'm using cs2 but it should be the same.

ok the first option is the preset frames which should be in your 'actions' pallet which is the same pallet as the history one. scroll down in the actions until you get frames....theres loads in there.

The better way to do the exact frame and shadow you want is to create a layer beneath your pic - then select the pic layer and go to edit - transform- size, and make your pic slightly smaller than the background. Then just fill the background layer with black or whatever colour and thats your frame done.

Then you'd have to do the same to the whole lot....make it smaller...new background level in white.....etc. so that theres room to see the shadow. Then choose your frame layer and go to layer - layer style - drop shadow and just tweek it untill your happy....lastly do layer - flatten image - to save as jpeg.

hope it goes well

Ok, maybe I'm an idiot, but I'm still not gettign this...I found the frames, but I don't know how to use them. (I did mention that I'm a total beginner at PhotoShop, right?)

Don't feel bad, someone who works for adobe told me even the people that make the programe don't know what every variation of actions possible could give you, so no ones perfect!

right, you scroll down the list of frames, theres one there which gives you a basic coloured frame (or theres a load of other ones...wood effect and so on) this frame (of the top of my head i think its called forground frame or summin) will then use whatever colour you have selected at the time so choose black.
Then...this is the important bit, there is a little play button at the bottom of the frames pallet....press play......it will ask you if your happy with the colour you have selected......then just click ok. the frame should then appear around your shot.
Give that a go......some of the frames are a bit tacky tho!

Archangel said:
Don't feel bad, someone who works for adobe told me even the people that make the programe don't know what every variation of actions possible could give you, so no ones perfect!

right, you scroll down the list of frames, theres one there which gives you a basic coloured frame (or theres a load of other ones...wood effect and so on) this frame (of the top of my head i think its called forground frame or summin) will then use whatever colour you have selected at the time so choose black.
Then...this is the important bit, there is a little play button at the bottom of the frames pallet....press play......it will ask you if your happy with the colour you have selected......then just click ok. the frame should then appear around your shot.
Give that a go......some of the frames are a bit tacky tho!

Alright, I'll try that as soon as I get home from work! Thanks so much! You've been a great help!

No probs, let me know how it goes.....or....should see your next pic with a frame round it :)

Well, I did it...now I just have to figure out if there is a way to do this without the white box around it, without having to save it as a .gif...

KissSMshadow.jpg

(oh, and I did not do it the way you told me...I tried for hours your way, and couldn't get it figured out...this is a way my boyfriend showed me)

Ok that is not a frame. If you want to make your own frame. Just make a file a little larger than your picture. Fill it with what ever colour you want then cut out the centre then go to blending and use contours play with it then insert your picture. Here is an example--Lenny
Herridge_Creek_Framed.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back