How do I know if Optic Wireless Sc slave works?

kodi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the YN565EX flash for canon.
and on canon camera it works great. and changing the zoom and power according to camera settings.
but I didn't understand how it works off camera with the Optic Wireless Sc slave. I see the red light that communicates with the camera and triggers the flash.
as I understand that it is not just a dummy trigger like s1, s2.
but I don't see any changes on the flash screen.
Like the zoom mm is the same. the power like 1/1 1/16 1/32 etc.
doesn't show. How do I know that it's doing anything to the power of the flash. instead of just dummy triggers it.

Thanks,

yeah it's a slave. there's no communication.

it sees your flash, and fires as well. the end.

Like Braineack said if the flash is in a slave mode it doesn't communicate with your camera and is 100% manual you have to choose the settings. Now some camera bodies support Off Camera Wireless triggering which can control the settings above. But the flash has to also have this capability and to know this it must say it is TTL compatible and I believe the YN565EX supports this.

Please provide your camera model or check and see if you body support built in wireless flash.

Like Braineack said if the flash is in a slave mode it doesn't communicate with your camera and is 100% manual you have to choose the settings. Now some camera bodies support Off Camera Wireless triggering which can control the settings above. But the flash has to also have this capability and to know this it must say it is TTL compatible and I believe the YN565EX supports this.

Please provide your camera model or check and see if you body support built in wireless flash.

yes, it's 'dummy triggering' - you have to set the power on manual flashes
But different models and different flashes have the capability to use ETTL for wireless flash operations

Most reactions

New Topics

Back