How do I precess Lumix Raw pictures?

larry909

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The camera came with PHOTOfunSTUDIO. Checked the pdf manual but couldn't find any info on processing Raw files.

Could someone point to link with some good tutorials.

Can you use IfranView? Photoshop Elements? How do you do it?

I thought silkypix generally was supplied with Panasonic cameras also.

Rawtherapee might be another free option

I use Lightroom for my Lumix raw files but Elements should work as well.

I highly recommend Corel Aftershot Pro. Windows 10. Corel's website often has sales/deals on their software.

The camera came with PHOTOfunSTUDIO. Checked the pdf manual but couldn't find any info on processing Raw files.

Could someone point to link with some good tutorials.

Can you use IfranView? Photoshop Elements? How do you do it?

Jaomul is correct -- your camera is supplied with a free copy of SilkyPix. SilkyPix is fine software and will do an excellent job. If you don't have a CD in the box you should be able to download a copy from Panasonic's website.

You have lots of additional options. SilkyPix is raw conversion software. There are lots of raw converters to chose from available for $$$$$, or $$$, or $$, or free. They come with a range of features to both convert your camera's RW2 files and/or to also manage your collection of images.

It can take awhile to examine the options out there and in the meantime probably the smartest thing to do is get some basic experience with the free option that Panasonic has provided for you. You may decide that you're happy with SilkyPix, but if you're not take your time looking over the options/costs before deciding to commit and spend $$$.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back