How do I remove sunlight from a photo? I have GIMP and Snapshot Express. Can someone please help me.

amikayla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
dog 2.jpg

This is the only picture my friend has left. The dog passed away and I would like to fix it up for my friend. I have GIMP and Snapshot Express but I cannot figure out how to remove the sunlight and maybe fix the left eye. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Feel free to download the picture and see if you can do something with it to make it better by clarifying and taking out the light and fix the eye if possible. Send me info on how this is accomplished.

Last edited:
Welcome!

This overexposure may very well be "blown", meaning there is simply no data in the bight spots. There my be some helping it, but don't expect miracles.

Now, is this JPG the only file you have, or do you also have the raw file? The raw file will have the best chance of someone being able to make improvements.

If you have the raw file, you will have to send it via email or dropbox, as you can't upload a raw file to this website.

Also, there are many experts on here, so when one of them asks for the raw file, figure out a way to get it to him or her.

I also have a tif of the image if that helps.

I also have a tif of the image if that helps.

The original, in-camera TIF, or just one created from a JPEG? If the latter, it won't help.

No more detail.

Attachments

• dog 2.jpg
    dog 2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 267
The picture I have was taken from my friends computer. I copied it to a flash drive.

I don't have photoshop, so this is just until somebody good checks in.

I took out most of the flash reflection, but that's about all.

dog 2 - Version 2.jpg

Sorry this is the only thing I have available.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back