How do you charge this type of service?

Margie28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I plan to offer Digital Art as part of the services I've been offering.

Do you also offer it as part from your service package?

How do you charge Digital Art?

Do you charge by the size from the print out and every photo art
you have the same prize?

Does it depend the type of license you offer with the service package?

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks.

Margie

I'm afraid you're going to have to elaborate a little on what you mean by "Digital Art." I have no idea what you mean???

I actually mean, by manipulating an image with filters or plug-ins giving it an artistic effect.

Digital Art is more or less that, manipulating a photo and let it have an artistic feel to it.

I've been breaking my head if I could include it as part of a service package or not.

Thanks for suggestions you can give me.

:wink:

Ah, okay. Well, you mentioned licensing - so would that be commercial? If so, you're in a whole 'nother ballpark.

As for pricing to the public... it depends on a lot of things. Your target market. The quality of the image. The size of the image. The overhead in creating the image. Your ability to market the work. And on and on...

Sounds to me like this is probably going to fall into the category of fine art photography. And that is priced all over the place...

To give you an idea, we sell portraiture. Our 8x10's are $90. I know other photogs that sell their 8x10's for $10. See why it's hard to price? We do a form of "digital art" (using your definition). We take a portrait, digitally paint it, print it onto canvas, and then add accents, like gold leafing, by hand. We start them at $1600 or so.

How to price anything is a huge discussion - one of the biggest questions for newcomers to the business. It's also one of the most blundered aspects of the business. Start researching your market, your target demographic, pricing paradigms, etc. Most of all, decide what you want your business to look like... how much do you plan to sell. Who do you want your customers to be.

Make sense?

It does absolutely make sense to me.

Yes, Digital Art is a way of adding more "value" to a print photo.

What you said, makes perfect sense to me.

I think what you describe is a wonderful way to start.

I was just charging for taking the photos, but now I want to include the service to create something that is wonderful and unique in it's kind.

What you said, about canvas is one of them and there also differetn style of specialty art papers that makes the photo be a Work of Art.

That's precisely what I meant. ;)

Now I have a place to start.

Thank you very much for all the wonderful suggestions! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back