How do you create the ORIGINAL graphic watermark FILE to use in LR3?

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I understand how to insert a Text watermark in an image using LR3, but I do not know how to insert a graphic watermark using LR3.

When I try to insert a "graphic watermark", LR3 opens a window and directs me to choose a file on my hard drive that includes the graphic image I wish to insert as a watermark---therein lies my issue. Where and how do you create the original graphic file TO BE inserted as a graphic watermark?

Does this question make sense? :confused:

Anybody?

I just found an outline of the state of Iowa, inserted the © symbol and three I's, and made the background transparent.

And this I did in GIMP. I'm sure most any editing program can do the same.

AbandonedBarnNo2Post.jpg

I just found an outline of the state of Iowa, inserted the © symbol and three I's, and made the background transparent.

And this I did in GIMP. I'm sure most any editing program can do the same.

AbandonedBarnNo2Post.jpg

You save it as a JPEG?

Where and how do you create the original graphic file TO BE inserted as a graphic watermark?
You make it using a raster or vector graphics image editing application like Photoshop CS 3, 4, 5, 6, Adobe Illustrator, GIMP, Inkscape, Photoscape, etc.

Photoshop CS X has both raster and vector tools, but is primarlly a raster graphics application. Lightroom has neither. GIMP and Photoscape, both raster graphics applications, may have a vector capable Pen tool.

Adobe Illustrator and inkscape are vector graphics applications

You save it as a JPEG?

Bitmap. JPEG would require flattening and that would lose the transparent background.

Watermark.jpg

I have two versions.... the original, full-size (846 x 573 pixels), which is more than large enough to WM any print I might sell, and a 90 x 61 version for the 800x images I post.

You can do it using a raster or vector graphics image editing application such as Photoshop CS 3, 4, 5, 6, Adobe Illustrator, GIMP, Inkscape, Photoscape, etc.Photoshop CS X has both raster and vector tools, but primarlly a graphics frame. Lightroom has neither. Photoscape and GIMP, both raster graphics applications, can have a vector capable Pen tool.

One of Lightroom's big limitations is that it can handle only a very limited number of file types.

Most reactions

Back