how do you delete an account?

notelliot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
swear, I don't have any desire to comeback with a different username. I just want out of here.

hmm.. well thats a shame,... stop posting then i guess :confused:

I wanted to cancel my account as well, due to a lot of really condescending people on the boards, but I could not figure out how. Is there really no way to do this?

What's to cancel?..if you don't like it, then stop posting and don't come back. This is the internet not an internment camp.

The whole account. Maybe I don't want people searching my stuff on google and them finding my "The Photo Forum" postings if I'm not actively using the thing. And I still get emails when someone replies to a posting I made months and months ago. That's the only reason I'm back here today. I'd really like to just delete my account, and I don't understand why it's such an issue.

I'd suggest going into your 'User CP' and removing all personal links like E-mail / web page etc.

I'll see what can be done about removing the account all together but I can't promise anything. Everyone posts here 'at their own risk', and we can't be responsible for moving, changing or deleting all of you previous posts. They will probably fall down the list and rarely be seen anyway.

Maybe one day, you will know better. ;)

I believe most sites don't like deleting accounts since it breaks up coherency of the threads in question.
Also I belive you can turn off email alerts - or just tell your email provider that emails from here are spam and to delete them instantly

I believe most sites don't like deleting accounts since it breaks up coherency of the threads in question.
Also I belive you can turn off email alerts - or just tell your email provider that emails from here are spam and to delete them instantly

A reason was mostly what I was looking for, thank you. It makes sense now why someone can't delete their account.

Although the site may not be responsible for deleting old posts, can't I?

My suggestion, then, for The Photo Forum is that you tell people when they sign up that their account cannot be deleted, because I don't remember reading that anywhere...

<snip>
My suggestion, then, for The Photo Forum is that you tell people when they sign up that their account cannot be deleted, because I don't remember reading that anywhere...

This is true of pretty much any internet forum out there, and it's for the reasons that Overread mentioned.

If you're still getting notification e-mail from threads you posted in, you can turn those features off in the User Control Panel so that you won't get those e-mails anymore.

Brian

yup, just turn the email notification off and don't post anymore, problem solved.

yup, just turn the email notification off and don't post anymore, problem solved.

I mean...Kinda. The problem that I'll still have an active account for the life of the internet kind of urks me, and that was my motivation for deleting the account. I think what you mean to say, instead of problem solved, is out of sight, out of mind.

....but you account won't be 'active'.. if you don't post your account will disappear into the archives never to be seen again!... seriously you don't have to worry about it.

p.s. i could always ban your account if you don't want the account to even be used again, but it cannot be deleted ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back