how does he do this?

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this guy I know moved to korea to teach english and he travels all around the country snapping shots and i really like his post processing but he never has time to explain how he does it, hes busy, a bit of a douche, and also the difference in time zones..
he does kind of a high contrast/hdr in alot of his stuff he says its all photoshop not hdr though. here are two examples. how could i do this in photoshop?

12834_337456615590_842930590_978879.jpg

12834_337456575590_842930590_978878.jpg

I'm guessing, but high-contrast, low-brightness, slight color cast (looks like blueish in varying degrees in both examples), and vignetting?

this could be done in 30 seconds via lightroom.

As a side-note, it's considered bad form and is against TPF rules to post someone else's photos. Since they're on photobucket, you could just post a link to them.

oh i forgot, he mentioned lightroom thanks. and sorry pugs i didnt mean to break rules, hes just a friend and he doesnt even have copyrights anyway but next time ill post a link sorry!

this could be done in 30 seconds via lightroom.

ill get my hands on lightroom.... hhow would i do it in lightroom?

Develop Module > Basic Panel > Play around with the Contrast Slider, and Brightness Slider.
You might also want to use the Split Toning panel and the Vignettes panel.

Edit: Also worth mentioning that Lightroom 3 Beta is currently free of use.

Love Lightroom. LOVE it. Greatest photography tool I've used... other than a camera. Get it. Go with the free LR 3 Beta and start saving a little to be able to purchase a license when it goes live.

Love Lightroom. LOVE it. Greatest photography tool I've used... other than a camera. Get it. Go with the free LR 3 Beta and start saving a little to be able to purchase a license when it goes live.

downloading it now :))

he doesnt even have copyrights anyway
Sure he does. He got copyright ownership of those images as soon as he released the shutter. www.copyright.gov here in the US. Plus the Bourne Convention worldwide.

Because this web site exist for commercial gain the site owners could be sued because you posted, rather than linked those copyrighted images.

It's not likely your friend would do that, but saying he is your friend is not enough.

Even if the owners easily defeat a suit having no merit, it still costs considerable money to pay attorneys to handle that.

That's why the web site has a rule against posting images that aren't yours. The owners don't want the exposure ot an infringement action.

Last edited:
he doesnt even have copyrights anyway
Sure he does. He got copyright ownership of those images as soon as he released the shutter. www.copyright.gov here in the US. Plus the Bourne Convention worldwide.

Because this web site exist for commercial gain the site owners could be sued because you posted, rather than linked those copyrighted images.

It's not likely your friend would do that, but saying he is your friend is not enough.

Even if the owners easily defeat a suit having no merit, it still costs considerable money to pay attorneys handle that.

That's why the web site has a rule against posting images that aren't yours. The owners don't want the exposure ot an infringement action.

Ok got it sir ;)

Wiki HDR, so you understand what it is. None of those shots are HDRish.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back