How does it work? (Omega 4x5 enlarger with Eseco head & Translator)

stephiwoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I will be getting a Omega 4x5 enlarger with Eseco head & Translator this weekend... and to be honest, I dont know how to use it. I was wondering if anyone here can help me out.. Ive been toying with the notion of using part of my garage as a darkroom but dont know where to start... could someone please help me out?

stephiwoo said:
I will be getting a Omega 4x5 enlarger with Eseco head & Translator this weekend... and to be honest, I dont know how to use it. I was wondering if anyone here can help me out.. Ive been toying with the notion of using part of my garage as a darkroom but dont know where to start... could someone please help me out?

You might consider taking a basic B&W photo class at a city college to get the basics.. it would just be an insane amount of info to put in a post.

Get a beginners' darkroom book. One of my favorites is Henry Horenstein's "Black and White Photography; A Basic Manual".

If you know the specific model # you may be able to find manuals online.

I can vouch for that Horenstein book. :thumbup: I read it long after darkroom class and still found it helpful, and there is a great section on the enlarger and how it works.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back