how is this for my first portfolio?

redtippmann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well I got a portfolio for my pictures and now Im looking for some to fill it with, I have selected these and just wondering what you guys think.

3740103660_eca38fdedd.jpg

3840783639_4280acbf36.jpg

3549415749_cfdf1f07a8.jpg

3856912479_822664f4f3.jpg

And of course Ill add more later on, I have allot of landscape ones but Im not sure if I should include any.

Other than the 3rd image, none of these really "stand out" to me, and even the 3rd one is really just eyecatching because of the post you caught him in, it's not particularly an amazing image, but this is of course my personal opinion.

Try and get images that are eyecatching & pop as well as are correct technically. The first one is kind of cool. I wouldn't use the last, there is something off about it and it looks rather snapshotty. I think the football one could have been interesting if the DOF was more shallow.

Keep looking through your images, and also keep shooting. You can shoot FOR a portfolio if you feel it could use something new, or more exciting.

Thanks, I haven't really thought of shooting FOR a portfolio. I hope to do some portrait work soon, just need a subject now.

I agree, the thought of shooting FOR a portfolio was a foreign one to me till I got to my second year of college.

Portrait work is fun, you can shoot anybody you want, start with friends and family. Lifestyle portraits are really interesting, get them doing what they do best, or in their surrounds. A house wife in her kitchen, a dentist in his office, etc. You can make portraits really interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back