How long have been in photography?

I always carried a p&s camera with me since my early teens, but in 2002, after a friend brought home some amazing pictures of his travels through the Amazon, I decided that I wanted to learn photography and take great photographs too, and I am still learning.

Well, if you count when I owned my first camera, which was a Vivitar 110 film camera (sorry, can't remember what the model was lol)...since I was 15, so like 15 years.

But if you just count when I started with SLR's, like 13 years.

I've taken photos since the early 70's. I would go to the west coast with my mom and take the bus. 3 days traveling in some of the most interesting country in the US I would take a camera whether it be my wind up 8mm movie or 110/35mm camera. I continued through my life and my kids but it died off after they were on their own. I took it back up last year. I guess about 35 years.

Since 1971, but I'm still posting questions in the Beginners Forum.

shot film/darkroom in highschool (got way too expensive and lost interest) , now 25 years later picked up my first dslr in january 2011 and loving it!

I'm new to the DSLR world, as of November 2010. Bought my first point and shoot about 10 years ago. Things have changed since the days of 3.2 megapixel cameras.

I'm going on about 13 years now. Though, I was out for about 5 years during college. I didn't go to school for photography, so photography as a hobby was pretty much out.

College student + Film/Processing costs = Choosing between eating and photography

It was a tough choice, but I realized if I ever wanted to shoot again, I would need to eat now, lol.

A half century or so.

skieur

Just making small talk, I'm going onto 2 1/2 years or so. How about you?

I bought my first SLR in 1970 at age 16. About a year and half later, I bought my first medium format camera. I had a couple of weddings under my belt by then and quickly realized I needed something more than 35mm.

So, all-in-all, it's been 41 years, shooting on the side for the first 6 years. It's been full time after that, sans a year on hiatus.

-Pete

July 21st 2010 (well at least that's the day I bought the camera) so give 3-5 business days shipping on top of that :)

Most reactions

Back