What's new

How long would it take you to fill up a TB hard drive?

I haven't done the research personally but I just had an external hard drive go bad and sent it to a lab I work with to recover the photos. Anyway the guy that does this work told me that the 1TB drives are not quite as stable because they are newer technology. He told me it would be safer to get a couple 500G drives as apposed to a 1TB drive because the bigger the drive the higher the failure rate. Again I haven't researched this myself it came from a forensic computer examiner (law enforcement).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom