How many here bought their camera from B&H?

vonbonds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I have done my research and I am ready to buy an Olympus E-510 with the 2 lens kit. No one has them on sale locally (Best Buy did up until a week ago for $675) so I am thinking of going with B&H. How many have purchased from them and how was your experience? Did you go with their protection plan?

Thanks!

Tom

B&H probably has the highest customer satisfaction of all camera-selling websites. I wouldn't hesitate buying any equipment from them.

I didn't by my cameras there...but I've spent a lot of money ordering stuff from them. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Also, if you use the link at the top/right of the page, when you order, you will be helping this forum.

I agree, B&H is a very good place to buy on-line. I too didn't buy an bodies there, but I've dropped some cash on glass with them.

-Roy

I"ve bought a variety of stuff from them. High end or really expensive things are usually purchased from a local camera shop that treats me right. B&H is my Walmart and local camera shop is my Boutique.

I realize your question is about B&H, and though I have not used them, I have heard a lot of good things about them. I personally bought my camera from Adorama (best deal at the time of my purchase) and the experience was very good.

I agree B&H has a great reputation. I have bought products from them a few times with no problems.

I wouldn't say they are always the cheapest, but they have good service and reliability.

I bought my camera body before I knew about B&H. Since then, I have dropped serious cash for lenses and ancillary items. Only positive reviews from me.

I agree B&H has a great reputation. I have bought products from them a few times with no problems.

I wouldn't say they are always the cheapest, but they have good service and reliability.

Good point about not maybe being the cheapest. My theory is if something does go wrong I want a reputable dealer to work with. I don't always go for the cheapest deal just in case I actually have to work with them :wink:

Thanks for all of your suggestions guys. I will check out Adorama too.

I bought 2 from there and a lot of other goodies. That place inside is amazing! My last trip there was on a Friday and I forgot that they closed early. They kicked me out and I was only there for less than an hour! But I still picked up a 70-200 2.8!

B&H is my Disney World!

Did not get camera from B&H.

But spent more then price of camera buying lens from them.

I especially like their "Live Help" because I always have stupid questions - I analyze every word in description to much.

Lens always arrive on time as promised.

I've bought a lens from them and other various supplies for photography classes. Fast service. Definitely recommend them.

Two thumbs way up for B/H. Bought 3 bodies from them; one film SLR, 2 dSLR. I've had mixed experiences w/ Adorama though, 1 negative of 3 experiences. I usually go B/H if they have it in stock. Never used the protection plan though. I have a thing against buying warranties on just about everything. May come back to bite me one day.

Most reactions

Back