What's new

How much should I sell my Nikon D90 12.3 MP Kit ( with 8-105mm lens) for?

lolwatpear

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 12, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
A family member passed this down to me, but I have no use for it. I'm seeing them go for around $700 on ebay. It has a charger, 5 year warranty, bag, charger, battery, manual, cd, etc. with. No box though. Can I get some advice. I really don't know much.

oh, it's practically new. my family member used it once on vacation and i've used it a few times. it doesn't even have a scratch on it.
 
On average you can probably get about 1k for the kit depending how many frames you have on the camera.
 
frames? what's the mean? how many pictures have been taken? where do I find out how many?
 
Frames - number of actuations.
Finding Your Camera’s Current Shutter Actuations.
The more you have the less $ you can get for it.

P.S.

After posting the link above, I checked my bodies. My primary (D300s) has 65k+. Good thing I just bought a new camera, 300s will be a backup.
 
Last edited:
Congrads, its fairly new.
I'm in NYC, so for me, I'd call Camera Land NY, B&H, Adorama, Focus Camera (not in that order, but you get the idea) and see what they estimate to buy it off your hands. Price around craigslist and ebay what it goes on there... Price you should be asking is anywhere b/n what stores are willing to buy from you to what average price in the adds.
Good Luck
 
For what it's worth, you can throw the warranty out the window. The warranty isn't transferable. It's just not a selling point.

I'm probably going to sell the same thing pretty soon, although mine has seen a lot more use. I'm probably going to ask $750. You shouldn't have any problem getting $850 or a bit more.

Too bad you're not into photography, you were passed down a great camera.
 
For what it's worth, you can throw the warranty out the window. The warranty isn't transferable. It's just not a selling point.

I'm probably going to sell the same thing pretty soon, although mine has seen a lot more use. I'm probably going to ask $750. You shouldn't have any problem getting $850 or a bit more.

Too bad you're not into photography, you were passed down a great camera.

I wish I was, but I have better use for the money right now. Otherwise, I'd keep it. The pictures that I've taken look great.
 
A new one with the same lens is going for $1050 now so for as new as yours is you should get at lest $850. If you try ebay id start at $850 and see what happens. Worst case you relist it a bit cheaper.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom