how much would you charge

nomav6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
a factory is wanting me to come two days and take pics for "family day's" or something like that lol, they're located about 15 miles from my house so travel isn't bad, I already have the rest of the week off from work so I dont have to worry about that, and its going to be all digital and they worry about their own prints.
but I have no clue as to how much to charge them, anyone?

hmmm.... I suppose you'll be making candids, a few posed groups, some action sort of things, some grip and grins...

Then you surrender all the files.

Tough one.

I'd want $1600. I'd give them one CD streight from the camera... no retouching, color correcting or resizing.

whoa 1600$ without any postprocessing... doesn't that... steep?

I guess I wouldn't really know though since I've never been involved with anything like this.

John the Greek said:
whoa 1600$ without any postprocessing... doesn't that... steep?

I guess I wouldn't really know though since I've never been involved with anything like this.
That's what he's gonna charge. Lots of experience and equipment costs and the quality of the photographs.

Also, since it's a weekend, he may have to miss a wedding because of that so that costs something too.

I charge anything from £400 to £800 per day + expenses for this kind of work. The error margin comes from their reaction when you hit them with the first figure. Many people who haven't got married assume you'll charge about £10 per hour for some bizzare reason.

If you're not going to charge them for mileage or film development or CD's or PS post-production stuff and it's not going to be too much of a chore then it sounds like an easy way to make this kind of money. However, they may have very different ideas about budget, especially being a factory, presumably used to paying people small hourly rates.

At today's exchange rate, I'd charge $695 to $1390 (per day). You have got to be prepared to look good if that's the kind of money you want - lots of fooling round with light meters taking ambient readings for example!

Rob

A few years ago I shot an event for a company (they wanted formal photos for all employees at their dinner) and it was two photographers for $1200 for the evening (from 5pm to 11pm). They provided the backdrops/scenery and we did the lighting. We didn't crop or do any editing to the images, just put them on a CD to be printed by the company. If they are looking for two full days I think Pete's $1600 sounds right, if it's on a weekend I might up that to $2000.

If your gonna be there the whole day than 1600 really isn't too bad. Esspecially if your giving them unlimited rights to the photos afterwards, IE the negatives.

Most reactions

Back