Status
Not open for further replies.

AMOMENT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey All'

I POSTED PICS IN THE MEMBER GALLERY. THAT RIGHT? ANYONE FEEL LIKE TAKING A LOOK??? I've been seriousely shooting (shooting with a purpose and inquisitive mind) for about a year. A year ago I bought a NIKON D3100 SLR...came standard with a 18-55mm lens. I recently bought a 50mm lens with an f/1.8....LOOOVVVIIINNNGG the bokeh'! I am hoping to purchase another lens and or needed equipment to get my business started in the near future. First off, can someone tell me if this camera is "good enough" to go proffessional with. Second, I am looking to do mostly portraits and natural shots...kids in motion/people etc. (not sports and action shots ) What would everyone recommend me investing in? I've heard a speedlight is a must for indoor photos. Also......not sure if this is just a limitation of my camera......but, I always select my focal point (my camera has 11 auto focus points).....and then shoot auto focus because i am almost always in motion around my subject and my subject (usually my daughters) are , lol, ..almost always in motion. Therefore, using a manual focus everytime is simply not practical. I hardly ever shoot shutter prio. because I just don't get the quality that I like. I usually shoot manual...and adjust my aperture, shutt, ISO, white balance, etc. myself. I always shoot in RAW. I posted a bunch of pics to the member site in hopes of some feedback. (be kind....I am somewhat new) I like how my pics have been turning out but my goal is to get my photos to the point that they don't need tweeking with photoshop. I often have to increase the contrast/hue/and clear some shadows. I find that in oudoor settings, often in shade...(because direct sunlight is harsh to me) with an ISO of 200-400 an f-stop of 1.8-2.8....shutter of 1/350- 1/600........white balance; set either cloudy or shade; depending on type of day. I also shoot either matrix or spot...and usually continuous auto. ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR PRODUCING SHARPER AND MORE VIVID PHOTOS? I am practicing positioning my subjects in areas of good natural light. I find that I take more intricate ;photos when I use my viewfinder and the face priority box zooms in. However, this slows my camera down a lot and I miss too much!!!!!!!! I'll take any suggestion? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Last edited:
...........ILL TAKE ANY SYGG AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRIT. I CAN GET..........

Learn to write. Sentence structure, grammar, proper punctuation, turning CAPS LOCK off and something called paragraphs.

Also, try posting images.... no one wants to go digging around for samples.

wt r syggs i tryd af but it cm up w ntng

Suggestion...

Use the edit button and fix the post quickly before this takes off.........

SORRY. Multi-tasking here guys......feeding my 5 month old while my two yr old runs around and is jumping on me .........dinner is cooking and barely have time for myself. I am typing with one hand. As far as I'm concerned, simply being at the computer for the 5 minutes I have been is a lot......I am not concerned about my grammar at this point..lol...because I'm lucky if I am even getting some letters formed together right..haha. Especially because I ALREADY know I can write and have actually been published/ college degree to show for it. TOUGH CROWD...=(......just looking to talk photography and learning to navigate this site......didn't know where to post pics yet. Anyone feel like being helpful, not hurtful? Apparently we do not have any busy moms on this site....anyway.......with that behind us......I tried posting to this, but I will try again now that at least one of my children is in bed and I do not have to worry about burning the house down. BTW.....I know people can be rude, but really? Aren't we all just trying to help? a little humanity people........

If you take the time to write a readable post, people will take the time to respond in kind.

From my experience on the site everyone is extremely helpful and always willing to help. While poking a bit of fun they are also trying to help. If someone comes to a post formed like the original you will find most people will just click away from it as it is extremely difficult to read. Having to leave the post to find images and then try to describe the ones they are commenting on is also a pain and not very likely to happen.

Try making the post easy to read and inserting the images in question and I am sure you will find this site EXTREMELY useful like many of us have. You can load your images on Flikr or Photobucket and use the URL link by clicking on the image in the reply window.

I am a step-mom to two children whose mom is never around, my husband works full time, and I am just trying to make it all work while having a little something in life, photography, for myself. So, please.....condescending comments are not helpful or warranted. .................but this isn't a site for this type of conversation....so can we just talk photog?

OP, you talk too much. Why are you talking about your children or about your personal problems, if you need just some simple pointers? Why should we care you have been published if you can't write properly here? And the most important question - why should we care about helping you, if you don't care about your sentences, grammar, structuring.... You're basically saying: "Hey guys!!!! I'm new here, I don't care about you, but hey, help me!!" Think about it... I'm obviously not the only one who feels that way.

Anyway, posting pictures: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html

*thread locked*
Please remember not to repost the same thread in multiple subsections of the forum, once is enough. Furthermore the Beyond Basics subsection is not a critique subsection and as such is not the proper place to post such requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back