What's new

How To Accomplish This Look

avsfan21

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
South dakota
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
The technical flaws in the photo you posted are numerous.. but whatever it's not yours right?

But, looks like pumped contrast to me, and an artificial vignette.
 
Yeah. Not my photo.

If you could list the technical flaws, that could be a great lesson to me as a beginner!

And thank you for your input.
 
Use wide-angle lens. Stand too far away from subjects, so subjects are small and insignificant within frame and lack immediacy. Underexpose by 2/3 of a stop. When processing image, add excessive vignetting so corners have steep light fall-off. Tweak so that image has excessive contrast and poor shadow detail. Done!
 
For me besides being overly processed - too much background and everything looks out of focus to me - no main focus. If the photographer wanted the log cabin church in the background he/she should have positioned the couple so that when they were the center (or 1/3 off) of the shot, the church was in the background without so much "scenery" - it is a wedding photo.
 
Darrel covered it all.

As technically poor as the image is I bet the couple loved it, and Black Hills Photography whistled all the way to the bank.
 
Thanks everybody.
This forum is very helpful and glad I joined!
 
As technically poor as the image is I bet the couple loved it, and Black Hills Photography whistled all the way to the bank.

The couple probably wanted to save a few bucks on their wedding photos and went with a family friend or someone on craigslist - that's whatcha get.

In addition to all the other stuff mentioned, the tree on the far left should be cloned out.
 
gah looking through the other pictures I think he could be her dad!
 
Use wide-angle lens. Stand too far away from subjects, so subjects are small and insignificant within frame and lack immediacy. Underexpose by 2/3 of a stop. When processing image, add excessive vignetting so corners have steep light fall-off. Tweak so that image has excessive contrast and poor shadow detail. Done!
:lol::thumbup:


To the OP, I would say one of the easiest ways to figure out how how to manipulate color, contrast, saturation, luminance, etc; is to download a free trial version of Lightroom and play with the sliders.

I, for one, enjoy decreasing saturation and raising luminance.
 
I have photoshop.
So I will attempt to experiment tonight.
There is so much to photoshop that I feel like I'll never know anything.
Haha.
 
I have no idea why you would want to accomplish this look, but it looks to me like the guy/girl used a programme called 'nik colour effex' and an action called 'midnight' or Monday Morning ( in whatever shade there are many to choose from) . Nik Effex is a programme I bought some years ago. it has its uses, but sadly as everything, you grow out of them...!!!! Em
 
Heres a rough sample of that particular action of nik effex. Before and after...I personally dont like it, I used midnight blue, the other chap might have used no colour, or lowered the opacity.


DSC_3990.jpg



before


After ( urgh!)


DSC_3990copy.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom