How to achieve editing like this?

What I don't get is that some will throw all kinds of trash if you don't do everything "Their" way and follow all of the "rules", yet, if you follow others, you are "copying".

Ya can't win for loosin'.

Lightroom presets can be very powerful, and there are some VERY talented preset writers out there. It's pretty amazing what can be done when one is manipulating a 12- or 14-bit RAW file off a good sensor on a powerful,modern computer. Here's one example of a web site that offers presets (as well as other products and hardware) designed by one of America's best wedding photographers, Kevin Kubota. Lightroom Presets, RAW Workflow, SpeedKeys and More | Kubota Image Tools Store

Hi Derrel I went to the kubota website and I fell in love with every single package they have! But of course I would be able to buy just one. I mainly do portraits of my kids and some friends families so what would you say is a the best affordable package to begin with! Not to mention that I'm about to buy the one to make the albums!!
Thanks.

$liz-5612.jpg

Ok here is one of my own. It is as bright as I would like it but it doesnt seem to have the range the other photographs do. It seems the brighter I go the more the range disappears

Clasoni said:
Hi Derrel I went to the kubota website and I fell in love with every single package they have! But of course I would be able to buy just one. I mainly do portraits of my kids and some friends families so what would you say is a the best affordable package to begin with! Not to mention that I'm about to buy the one to make the albums!!
Thanks.

Either the Kubota Lightroom Presets Workflow Collection

or the Vintage Delish package.

Use individual curve adjustment layers for the background and skin.

View attachment 43796

Ok here is one of my own. It is as bright as I would like it but it doesnt seem to have the range the other photographs do. It seems the brighter I go the more the range disappears
You're losing mid-tone contrast when you brighten the image.

To get some if that back, on the Basic panel increase the mid-tones (Clarity) and add a bit of Vibrance.

liz-5612.jpg

Most reactions

Back