How to achieve this PP ?

The link you provided contains a 20 minute long instructional video about how to do exactly what you're asking.

To me, it doesn't seem like much more than white balance, contrast, and saturation adjustments.

EDIT: With some masking.

Last edited:
You are better off not knowing. That is some egregious over-cooking, halos and all.

ok if you all say so, ma be i was over curious

First of all he is using a flash to over power the sun in some of these shots. he simply added some contrast and clarity. Nothing much really. a little bit of saturation adjustement, temperature and so on. The highlights and the light spots created by the flash and the sun are the same in the after picture as they are in the before.

its really hard to know what he did really because that type of post processing can be done in 10 different ways

Last edited:
Look at Topaz Lab's Photoshop plug-ins Topaz Adjust and Topaz detail.

I'm seeing a goodly boost in the mid-tone contrast., and I would bet she has written an action so the range of edits is applied equally to all the photos.

As far as "How to achieve this PP ?" Photoshop and other image editing software is so complex that the same result can be gotten using many different techniques.

And no doubt she used fill lighting. Note the shadows from the Sun, and the hard edged shadows from the fill lighting which indicates the fill light was un-modified strobed light.

Look at Topaz Lab's Photoshop plug-ins Topaz Adjust and Topaz detail.

I'm seeing a goodly boost in the mid-tone contrast., and I would bet she has written an action so the range of edits is applied equally to all the photos.

As far as "How to achieve this PP ?" Photoshop and other image editing software is so complex that the same result can be gotten using many different techniques.

And no doubt she used fill lighting. Note the shadows from the Sun, and the hard edged shadows from the fill lighting which indicates the fill light was un-modified strobed light.

Good to know :) Glad I saw this, will save you trouble of repeating in the other thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back