What's new

How to attach a Speedlite to a lightstand

KrisHunt

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 1, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
1
Location
Anna, TX
I'm getting my first Speedlite today, and maybe a ST-E2 wireless transmitter. I already own two lightstands that came with a light tent kit. The ends of the lightstands look like this:
lightstand.jpg

Is this standard? Is it possible to attach a Speedlite to it? Will I need to buy some kind of intermediate attachment to go between them?
 
Canon 580 & 430 flashes come with a shoe stand like THIS.
I believe it has a threaded connection on the bottom, so you can use it to attach the flash to a stand.
 
Nikon and Canon have the nice little screw in their little plastic stands. So you could mount directly to the stand. Use the head tilt for angles. If you want to mount an umbrela then you will need either a flash / umbrela bracket. Or a grip that will clamp on the stand and the umbrela shaft.

There are lots of flash brackets and grips out there.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom