How to blah blah Wedding

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so I think this is a world record here on TPF for most wedding threads and how to shoot them ever! Whether it is my family wants me to shoot a wedding does my camera have a wedding mode? :lol: or anything else. I have no problem with people wanting some help but honestly TPF isn't the only resource. I think google is amazing! Here are some links from a quick google and TPF search :thumbup:
How to shoot a wedding - Lesson 1
Wedding Photography 101 - Tutorials
The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum - Search Results
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/professional-gallery/20069-hot-tips-wedding-photography.html

TJ

Last edited:
Hey man - time is money. Up-and-coming wedding photographers can't afford to waste valuable time searching for things. At just a hundred bucks per wedding, I'm surprised they can even afford internet service. Or rent.

For all the wedding threads, there are an equal number of wedding thread joke threads. :meh:

Well I would say technically it has some links that can be invaluable to someone coming here looking for wedding advice that wants to find out an answer to a question. Now there are some links in one nice little thread. All is good.
TJ

For all the wedding threads, there are an equal number of wedding thread joke threads. :meh:

Is that good or bad?

It's hard to take someone seriously when they haven't got the slightest clue what is expected of them. I mean, I can understand not having experience - everyone was a noob once. But some of these threads are just ridiculous.

The most recent one for example... If you do not know how to find out on your own which lens is good, and which is bad - you should not be shooting a wedding.

Yep. I am all for asking questions. I do it all the time, hell when if i do a wedding I may be asking some questions but it will be something technical and thought out not just a completely open ended how do i start question. Sometimes though people need to do some of the work on their own maybe find a photographer to talk to. The interwebz haven't been out forever for people to ask and weddings were still shot and those wedding photographers did have their first wedding shoot at some point and time.
TJ

I think it will be worse around March, just before wedding season starts and people dont have a photographer as the real pros are too expensive, they left it to last minute. So they think of anyone they know with a camera and asks them

Yes the problem is that that same ammount of people just get a entry level DSLR with a battery pack hot show flash and they are Pro Photographers charging 500 dollars per weeding. Then at the wedding day they realize how much responsability is be the photographer of a weeding and how much job you have to do not only at the wedding site but also on the Digital Dark Room and that is not counting if you have to put toguether an album. I never mind to help other persons to start on the photography but do not ask me how to do all the Job spend some time reading and looking over books or workshops.

Exactly. Doing some research and then asking what you couldn't find is fine. Not even attempting to search and then wanting to know step by step to do something like a wedding is a little much.
TJ

A friend of my wife (and also mine for 12 years) asked if I would shoot her wedding that's going to take place at my in-laws house... I told her no. Her sister who has been shooting for a little while is jumping at the chance to shoot it and while I don't see it being a great idea, I've stepped aside and let the bride make the decision.

What I did tell her was, I will bring all my lighting and I will shoot the wedding for myself, even do some muslin drop shots of whoever wanted them. She can review them after it's all said and done and if she wants any, I will be more then glad to hand them over....

Yep that is a much better option because you still get to shoot things you want at the wedding but not have the pressure of having all the special moments be up to you and have someone say where is the picture of blank or blank. Then if they like them you can work your way up and stuff like that.
TJ

TJ, now that you have published this thread, I would act fast if I were you. Contact Nikon and Canon first thing in the morning with your "Wedding Mode" suggestion :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back