How to change keystrokes for brush size in Photoshop CC?

Ohdreamydanishes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there, dunno if this is the right place to ask this question but it certainly is a Photoshop challenge for me.

I know how to do it in Photoshop CS6, where you can just go Edit => Keyboard Shortcuts => Click Tools => Then find Brush size

But in Photoshop CC there is no longer a Tools menu, so how do you change the Shortcut now? I want to change it from [ and ] to ( and ).

My reason for changing it is because I'm using a Danish keyboard, and there is no square brackets on that keyboard. And whenever I use the Wacom tablet, the wheel can't change the brush size unless I convert my keyboard to US, but I also want to type in Danish, so I have to toggle my keyboard back and forth between Danish and English, which is quite annoying. I think the problem will be fixed if I can change the keystroke shortcuts to a sign found in the Danish keyboard, such as ( and ) for adjusting brush size.

Thanks alot!

I know this is old but here it is anyway for CC
  1. Do one of the following:
  1. Choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.
  • Choose Window > Workspace > Keyboard Shortcuts & Menus and click the Keyboard Shortcuts tab.
  1. Choose a set of shortcuts from the Set menu at the top of the Keyboard Shortcuts & Menus dialog box.
  2. Choose a shortcut type from the Shortcuts For menu:
    Application Menus
    Lets you customize keyboard shortcuts for items in the menu bar.
    Panel Menus
    Lets you customize keyboard shortcuts for items in panel menus.
    Tools
    Lets you customize keyboard shortcuts for tools in the toolbox.
  3. In the Shortcut column of the scroll list, select the shortcut you want to modify.
  4. Type a new shortcut.
    If the keyboard shortcut is already assigned to another command or tool in the set, an alert appears. Click Accept to assign the shortcut to the new command or tool and erase the previously assigned shortcut. After you reassign a shortcut, you can click Undo Changes to undo the change, or click Accept and Go To Conflict to assign a new shortcut to the other command or tool.

If you are on a Mac no need to change shortcuts, there is a a key combo + mouse drag to change not only brush size but also brush hardness, don't know about CC but works in CS6, give it a try:

— hold down Ctrl+Option (Mac) and drag up/down for brush hardness, left/right for size.

No idea how to do the same thing on a PC.

Most reactions

Back