How to crop weird angles. CC

Hooker771

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im having trouble getting the photo how I want it. It snowed a bit here in Chattanooga today so I took a couple photos, I used the trial version of photomatix for the HDR so please disregard the watermark. Ill get rid of that when I buy the full version. Anyway, do the photos look lined up properly? Meaning do they appear slanted, I put them through lightroom and still cant tell. I basically made the fountain straight and didnt worry about the rest. The HDR are true 3 photo HDR (hand held on a whim) thats why there are multiple tail lights and such.

Here are a few for CC

1 Not HDR
4254449463_a7ce3d0eae.jpg

2 HDR
4254449727_f318157700.jpg

3 HDR
4255218390_4fa8543fff.jpg

4 Not HDR Hamilton County TN Courthouse. From my office
4255219260_5266865722_b.jpg

Last edited:
Perspective distortion.

It's actually not that hard to fix, but you can't do it in Lightroom.

GIMP can do it if you don't have any other photo editing software.

Basically, you just need to use the skew tool and 'stretch' the top corners until the sides of the buildings are straight.

Google "perspective distortion correction" and you'll get a ton of tutorials.

images not showing
they load for me...

If that's not what you were talking about, the fountain looks slightly tilted to the right in the first three.

I cant believe im having hosting problems again from flickr. Why is it some can see mine and others cant. Very strange. Jeep, that is what im talking about. I do not have that software, could someone do that for me? Im just curious to see what its like.

As far as the fountain thats what I thought but I rotated the image in LR until there was a line that started in the middle of the bottom of the fountain until it ran through the fireman. I think its some kid of weird line distortion.

I promise im not trying to get people to my flickr, but if youre having problems with my images the fountains are on the first page of my flickr
Flickr: Hooker771's Photostream

Most reactions

Back