How to do an HDR?

if i do the bracketing, to i need to take 3 pictures by pressing the shutter 3 times or do i take it once and it takes all 3? i tried once and set it to -2/0/+2 and snapped it once and the three amrkers blinked on the exposure meter in the VF but only 1 pic uploaded

3106470599_ba934b6f54_o.jpg

can you post the original so we can see the difference

does anyone use the pentax k200d built in HDR filter? i would be curious to see what its version looked like.

switch- what exactly did you do on your camera to get that sunset photo? and what do you mean by 6 stops? by the way, its REALLY beautiful.

Last edited:
can you post the original so we can see the difference
Thanks for the comments!

I have no problem showing the original:

EXIF:
Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: Nikon 24-120VR
Sensitivity: ISO200
Aperture: F/8
Exposure: 4 minutes
Time of Exposure: 1:15AM
Shooting Mode: NEF

dsc7415ly3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments!

WOW, and you say you did all of that in Lightroom>??? I'm so very impressed.. I knew lightroom was great, but I didn't know it was capable of this.... so you boosted up the clarity... and I assume played around with the color values?

if i do the bracketing, to i need to take 3 pictures by pressing the shutter 3 times or do i take it once and it takes all 3? i tried once and set it to -2/0/+2 and snapped it once and the three amrkers blinked on the exposure meter in the VF but only 1 pic uploaded

i need to take 3 pictures right?

Thanks for the comments!

EXIF:
Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: Nikon 24-120VR
Sensitivity: ISO200
Aperture: F/8
Exposure: 4 minutes
Time of Exposure: 1:15AM
Shooting Mode: NEF

dsc7415ly3.jpg

Would you be able to (or mind) showing me what settings you changed in Lightroom in the development stage to achieve this look? I think it would help me out tremendously in understanding how to effectly change the settings using lightroom...

i need to take 3 pictures right?

3, 5, 7, or 9 but three should be sufficient for most applications.

I have been looking for the last few days for the originals to one of mine and was going to draw up a quick pictoral how to dealie but...I seem to have misplaced them with one of two flash disks and unsorted unloading folders on the Home PC.

As soon as I find something to use for it I'll do it up.

Most reactions

Back