How to erase in jpegs?

David N Harrison

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

Years ago on another computer I had a photo editing program that was great for erasing things. You rubbed it where you wanted to remove stuff and kept rubbing until it was gone, not swiping over an area and everything you touched is gone right immediately. The other way seemed to allow more control. I can't remember the name of it but it wasn't an online program it was one I downloaded and it must have been free or I wouldn't have had it. Can anyone suggest a free program that will do that? I recently downloaded Photo Pos Pro v3 and it has an erase tool, but if it will do what I mentioned I haven't figured out how yet. I'd like to be able to erase unwanted sections and also to take the cleaned up image and insert it in another picture. That program I had did all that, but I can't remember what it was...

Thank you for any help!

David
Maine, USA

Welcome aboard, Dave. I was just in Portland this passed Friday.

Photoshop will do what you want, but obviously not free. Not knowing if you are on Windows, Mac, or something else, Windows has Paint which seems to do the basics. I don't recall what came with OS-X, but I think there was something included that edited and even acted as a scaled-down substitute for Adobe Lightroom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back