How to get this effect...

They look slightly desaturated to me.

By god, the eyes in those photos are horrid!

Oh I completely agree. That, along with the skin smoothing, is completely too much. She is what you would call the competition in my local area. Mothers are eating that color effect up. She keeps bragging about how she has booked 5 weddings in her first year of photography. I have turned down that many because I am smarter than that.

But who's really outsmarting who? She's getting happy customers and making money while you're sniping her work with a bunch of elitists.

They look slightly desaturated to me.

By god, the eyes in those photos are horrid!

Oh I completely agree. That, along with the skin smoothing, is completely too much. She is what you would call the competition in my local area. Mothers are eating that color effect up. She keeps bragging about how she has booked 5 weddings in her first year of photography. I have turned down that many because I am smarter than that.

But who's really outsmarting who? She's getting happy customers and making money while you're sniping her work with a bunch of elitists.

Selling crap work has a way of coming back to bite people on the butt...she may be getting some low-rent, bottomfeeding customers at this stage of her "career", but selling garbage like that will only take her so far. Her work is totoally MWAC-level stuff...dreadful tripe that bargain basement customers might like...one doesn't need to be "elitist" to spot substandard work. It's all over....the MWACs operating on Facebook and Craigslist,with $20 session fees and $250 weddings are in the category of this practitioner...it's really not "elitism"...it's just basic standards of competence, and the woman clearly isn't very capable with a camera...it shows though in her work...

But is she not in a better position to gain more experience as she goes, while making a few bucks to fund upgraded gear? I don't think the photos are horrible by any stretch (I've seen worse shots being sold), and there's only ever room for improvement. Not trying to defend her or anything, but if I choose who's shoes to be in it would be the less competent person who's actually doing it and building up some sort of client base, no matter how low grade they may be, then the person just talking about doing it but too afraid of failure by high grade standards to actually take the plunge.

i kind of like the color effect...muted and odd but something soothing about it...just don't like the eyes that dark with the rest of the photo

To th OP, open a curves layer and drop down the rgb menu and change to each color seperately ,1 at a time. Adjust the arrows on the left and right end of the curve slightly. This will be a good place to start. Experiment. I am on my phone so cant give you specifics.

Most reactions

Back