How to get this 'eye' effect?

syriaalassad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am wondering, and have wondered for long, how does one go about getting the eyes in this example?

> We are not allowed to post images we do not own rights to. We can post links.<

I am guessing that there is some form of manipulation or enhancement.

I would appreciate if someone could shed light on this.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another example, I think from TIME magazine. Am I missing the point in that its just a high MP camera?

> We are not allowed to post images we do not own rights to. We can post links.<

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you talking about the "catch lights"? Those reflections in the eyes are called "catch lights". The shape of the reflection corresponds to the shape of the flash.

It's all in the lighting. Personally, I hate both methods you posted. They look terrible.

BTW, posting images you have no rights to is a no-no here. If you don't change them to links, I'm sure the mods will be along shortly.

Just another example, I think from TIME magazine. Am I missing the point in that its just a high MP camera?

Megapixels has nothing to do with it. In fact you could make the same effect with a 0.2 megapixel camera, which is the resolution of the image you posted.

What makes the eyes in this is careful placement of catchlights to highlight the eyes, a bit of photoshopping, and a metric crapload of sharpening with the sliders cranked to 300%.

The first photo doesn't even have that. Just a bit of photoshopping to bring out the eyes by lightening them and increasing their saturation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back