How to keep watermarks proportional to the size of your image?

Box801

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
How do you do this? Say I have a watermark that was made for a 1000x1000 photo. I used this watermark and applied to 50 photos as a batch. Although some of the photos were cropped so the watermark is not proportional to the photo anymore. How can I make the watermark proportional to the photo and also have the watermark in a specific part of the photo?

What pp software are you using?

Bump, this is a huge problem I have and putting watermarks on photos one by one is very time consuming.

Here is what you can do. I assume you have 3:2 aspect ratio. It is not perfect BUT it will work. You have to ONLY open Horintal OR Vertical photos. I dont know about you, but I crop the same ratio as my aspect ratio. If you dont follow the crop aspect ratio, then I cant help you.

Lets start with the horizontal one:
1. Create an action to resize the photo size to to 18 in. x 12 in. Photo size is irrelevant, it is all about how many pixels you have. Make sure you are not resampling (your resolution will either go up or down depending on your cropped and camera resolution).
2. Apply the signature/shape at the right size you want and location you want

By making all photos 18x12, the size and location of the signature will all be the same.

Make a similar action for vertical photos. Remember to only open the horizontal OR vertical. You can also throw in flatten layers action and save as jpg action in there. I hope that helps.

Save your watermark as a "pattern". Depending on the software you use, there are different ways to do this.

When you want to add your watermark to a photo, all you have to do is select the "brush" tool, and select your watermark as the brush pattern. You can then simply change the "brush" size to make the watermark larger or smaller. Then click once on the image with the brush tool, and it will apply your watermark.

How does that solve his problem?

Save your watermark as a "pattern". Depending on the software you use, there are different ways to do this.

When you want to add your watermark to a photo, all you have to do is select the "brush" tool, and select your watermark as the brush pattern. You can then simply change the "brush" size to make the watermark larger or smaller. Then click once on the image with the brush tool, and it will apply your watermark.

How does that solve his problem?

How dosen't it?

Because you can change the size of the watermark by adjusting your brush size. It acts just like a brush would. You can also adjust the opacity of the stroke. Simple, yet effective. I do it as well :cool:

But he is doing it in a batch.

Most reactions

Back