How to lose a Championship in 1 move!!! 23 images

typical highside. and those 125 cc bikes are brutal - they are 2 stroke engines and pack about 60 horse powers in an under 200 lbs weight. this is not your typical 125 cc scooter.

oh and he most likely walked out of that eccident with some bruises - ran off areas and proper gear make Moto GP much less traumatic sport than rugby or american football for example

was it last week at brands hatch? I follow only WSBK and 800 cc Moto GP..

Good captures of the action ...I hope he is OK.

Right spot at the right time, eh!!!

Good job on an excellent sequence!

Cheers

Great sequence, poor guy ... he must have been gutted afterwards. And I'm not at all jealous that you can get 23 pics in a row within 4 seconds from your camera ;)

I think he was pretty gutted. From what I heard afterwards his team managerwas a bit upset to :madmad: Yeah it was a shame I only had the camera set on slow continuous.... altho' a 40 shot sequence might have been a bit eccessive

:lmao: ouch!!!

3 months later and I've now been told the bone is grinding against the tendon..... WooHoo :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The second shot alone would be a great one to have printed large, put in a heavy frame, and use it to beat the next person that denigrates continuous mode shooting :)

I tend to leave my cameras on slow continuous and take single shots but I am still able to get strings like this if needed

i dropped my bike well the schools bike today in my learners class but freaking amazing pics

Hope you get your license and don't drop the bike again

Dang, good captures of the action, hoppy!!

[And great news that he was able to walk away from this.]

Thanks Anty :hugs:

Holy Moly!

Way to stick with the action. :hail:

Thanks
It is deffinately an advantage being able to get track side, but at the last meeting I had to hit the deck as the 2 crashing bikes were coming straight at me

All I can say is, WOW! :hail::hail::hail::hail:

What track was it?

Thanks for the WOW its much appreciated. The track is Brands Hatch in the county of Kent in England

I can say first hand that highsides SUCK! They are so brutal (and painful). It is amazing how much power a 125cc GP bike has.

Great pictures.

I hope you are able to walk away from any highsides!!! Glad you like the shots

typical highside. and those 125 cc bikes are brutal - they are 2 stroke engines and pack about 60 horse powers in an under 200 lbs weight. this is not your typical 125 cc scooter.

oh and he most likely walked out of that eccident with some bruises - ran off areas and proper gear make Moto GP much less traumatic sport than rugby or american football for example

was it last week at brands hatch? I follow only WSBK and 800 cc Moto GP..

Yeah it was at the last round of the British Superbike series which the British 125GP series runs alongside

Good captures of the action ...I hope he is OK.

Thank you. Bruised, Battered and VERY gutted

Right spot at the right time, eh!!!

Good job on an excellent sequence!

Cheers

I was there as 1 of the riders I supply shots to had requested some from this angle for her press release.... But I generally stand along this corner at least once during a race

what an amazing sequence, good on you for staying with the action.
Poor guy!

125cc?!?! Did he hit a passing chicken? :lol:
haha good one (and GREAT avatar).
the worst thing about 125cc is the noise: as they approach the area of the track you're sitting into you hear a gigantic mosquito attack crescendo coming to you. they're so loud and high pitched it hurts.

anyway...

very good photos. pristine clear, fast and topical.
enough said ;)
the only problem with most sport photos, especially car or bike racing, is the background as the track often seems going upwards in a weird way, giving it a somewhat unnatural looking perspective. but i guess it may be because one has to use 200mm or more lenses that may make it look a bit flat?
if it's clear what i mean can anyone (hoppy?) clear this out for me?
thanks!

Last edited:
wicked High side. In the first image, you can see exactly where his back tire slid then grabbed. Great set of images. 1, 2 and 7 (he even looked down the lens for you) the best.

Last edited:
Its ok he is wearing the best helmet on the planet SHARK

what an amazing sequence, good on you for staying with the action.
Poor guy!

Thanks, right place for a change

WOW! Incredible sequence - congratulations.

Thanks

haha good one (and GREAT avatar).
the worst thing about 125cc is the noise: as they approach the area of the track you're sitting into you hear a gigantic mosquito attack crescendo coming to you. they're so loud and high pitched it hurts.

anyway...

very good photos. pristine clear, fast and topical.
enough said ;)
the only problem with most sport photos, especially car or bike racing, is the background as the track often seems going upwards in a weird way, giving it a somewhat unnatural looking perspective. but i guess it may be because one has to use 200mm or more lenses that may make it look a bit flat?
if it's clear what i mean can anyone (hoppy?) clear this out for me?
thanks!

Thanks for your comments.

Sometimes the track looks like it is going upwards due to the angle the spectators are viewing from, i.e slightly elevated and away from the track and as such all shots are looking down at the bike/car showing all track and no sky.
As press we are at ground level so can get better angles for shots, the down side is we have bikes comiung straight at us with only armco in the way.... In this instance the track is going up behind him, it is about a 1:4 hill he is falling down

wicked High side. In the first image, you can see exactly where his back tire slid then grabbed. Great set of images. 1, 2 and 7 (he even looked down the lens for you) the best.

I was well pleased at getting the breakaway point.

Its ok he is wearing the best helmet on the planet SHARK

Well it seemed to work for him, must be a good advert!!!! :)

Most reactions

Back