How to role back LR cc upgrade IOS

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have just downloaded the latest lightroom classic upgrade. I want to role back to earlier version I use Mac IOS, I have not yet upgrade my catalog to work with the new upgrade.

Ive found an Adobe thread covering this but when I go about implementing the steps it doesnt look like a role back more of an out right uninstall.

lpx.adobe.com/ie/lightroom-classic/kb/roll-back-to-prior-update.html

this is what shows after upgrade, Im not sure about my catalog integrity so I want to do nothing for the moment but I cant reopen the pre upgrade version of LR
Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 11.03.14.png

this is the instruction the adobe link says to follow,
Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 11.03.34.png

It looks like its a full uninstall rather then roleback
Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 11.03.50.png

Yikes. Can’t you use that Quit button to cancel the upgrade? Whichever you decide have you backed up your catalogue somewhere else so you don’t lose your files?

Yikes. Can’t you use that Quit button to cancel the upgrade? Whichever you decide have you backed up your catalogue somewhere else so you don’t lose your files?

Quit only closes that window, the update is done at that stage. What i did was go into the adobe cc control panel, the little figure of 8 thing where it clearly said uninstall the latest upgrade and below that there was the pre upgrade version off classic I was using.

So I pressed uninstall latest version which in fact completely uninstalled LR, so that was a bogus piece of advice from adobe the money grabbing baxtards. In the finish I had reinstall LR and things went back to normal.

i converted my entire catalog no issue from 6.1 to 8.4... i know this doesnt help.

Glad it worked out in the end.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back