How to set the folder options in 20D

nima

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,
How can I set my 20D to save all the pictures in one folder unless I tell it to move to a new folder?

Right now it saves them in different folder names 100CANON, 101CANON,...900CANON

Thanks

Hey,
How can I set my 20D to save all the pictures in one folder unless I tell it to move to a new folder?

Right now it saves them in different folder names 100CANON, 101CANON,...900CANON

Thanks

Right now, there is no way to alter how the 20D writes images ...

Every 100 image count, the 20D will create a new folder for the next 100 count of images. It's built-in and there's not any "user control" for that function.

Thanks for the info.

I wish there was a feature like that.

Why? it is better to have them in folders... Faster loads, tranfers, etc, etc... I really like it...

I'm not a big fan of the 20D's folder system either. Rather often, it gives me folders with the same name, so when I copy the card's contents to my hard-drive, I have to rename the folders.

It would be very handy to be able to control folder changes. If you were shooting multiple people, you could seperate them into folders. I myself would prefer everything to be in 1 folder for most of what I do, and it does bug me that I have to wait for one folder's contents to copy, and then copy the next, to combine them into 1 single folder. I don't want to have to attend the process.

and it does bug me that I have to wait for one folder's contents to copy, and then copy the next, to combine them into 1 single folder. I don't want to have to attend the process.
I just copy the DCIM (or whatever) folder from the card, then combine the files from the folders later...no attending needed.

Sure, but that only takes a couple of seconds after all the files are on the hard-drive...it's just a move, not a copy. I can still walk away while the whole card is being copied.

I wonder if 30D has made any changes on that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back