How to start for a beginner

cpark92808

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi. Im very new at digital photography. I just bought my sony a200, and I am loving it. I have few prior knowledge such as aperature, exp comp, and shutter speed, and etc. I just wanted to know where or how I can get started and improve. Any suggestions? Thanks

Take lots of pictures and post here frequently. Dont take all the C&C personally everyone has different things they look for in photography. You will get a lot of "great shot, nice pic, I like that" kind of comments but you will also get some great feedback. Ask lots of questions especially if there is an aspect of photography in particular you like. Do your research. Google has a ton of info available to people who use is. If there is something I dont know or understand I will google it then come back and ask a question about something to make sure that I understand it the way I read it. Good luck and post some pics!

I am in the same boat. They have been very helpful here. I also bought the online verison of Gary Friedman book for Sony Alpha's. I have the 300. I printed out most of the pages and refer to them often. I am starting off with shutter speed. Reading everything I can to understand it. Then I will try the same with f stops.
Brenda

Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson helped me a lot when I was starting out. It's still a book I go back to regularly.

I started about one year ago with very little knowledge. Don't even know too much about aperture/shutter speed/ISO and their relationship.

What I did was, click, click and click. Of course, I visit here quite often and learn a lot in the past year. Composition wise as well as the technical side. (Too bad that, few of the old members left us during the TPF transition, including HelenB. I learned quite a bit from them).

Feel free to post your photos here and see what reaction you got from the fine folks here in TPF. Good or bad, take it and learn from it.

Take a look a this thread and see if that help

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...rum-photo-gallery/123160-tutorial-thread.html

Ask questions if needed. And be friend with the search function in this forum as well as google.

By the way, welcome to this forum.

Read a lot and shoot a lot.

When I got mine, I would try to get one thing down at a time, for example using 4 or 5 different shutter speeds to see how it affected the image I was shooting, and then pull it all together.

Thank you. You guys are awesome. I will make sure to read those three links as well as the beginner linksss. Thanks once again

Most reactions

Back