How would you crop this?

jhbodle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I'm new here and I have signed up because I have always had a problem trying to work out how to crop an image to show the subject at it's best. Take this shot for example:

5979422478_6fd5c466f3_b.jpg

There are many ways I could crop this but I don't know what is generally regarded as the best. The head of the lizard is sharp but the rest isn't, so would it be best to crop it right down? Or would you suggest something else? The original image of this is 24megapixels, so crop as tight as you like - there's plenty of pixels available!

IMO, the wood is a distracting and the lizard camouflages with the trees too much, but the wood is the lesser of the two evils. I would crop out some of the deck and most of the trees. Mainly bc my eyes were drawn to the trees and not to the lizard which I assume is the primary focus of the photo. Just my noobish opinion though.

way to much woody-real estate in the pic for sure. I would have also tried to take the pic about 1-2 inches higher and at a down-angle maybe? catch more of the lizards length.

Something like this maybe?

5979478948_0ce2a79fe9_b.jpg

I'm tempted to crop it tight like the one below also:

5978929109_4c7a3454bd_b.jpg

What looks better to the people here on the forum?

Last edited:
i like the second one better i think you should keep it like that

Agreed, i like the second one better.

Most reactions

Back