How would you edit these?

JaimeGibb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all!!

I grabbed these two shots of my niece and nephew at completely different times. I didn't realize until after they insisted on "no more" pictures that one was taken with bounce flash and the other is taken with natural light. I want them to look similar in lighting, however, so they can be hung next to each other and not look odd, and I can't seem to quite get it right in PS.

Personally, I am bummed that I started using the flash, because I love the natural light look so much better and I feel the flash kind of ruined the shot of my nephew. But that smile simply can't be ignored!
Can anyone play with these and see if you can get the lighting to look similar in them? I'd so appreciate it!

PS: These are complete SOOC images, no editing done. Therefore ignore the pink stool, I'm turning it white in the final edit! :)

IMG_0125-1.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

I think there are probably many ways to do it. You could use a photo filter layer on them both. Or, I haven't used it yet, but there's a "match color" adjustment in CS3 that seems promising. It allows you to pick a photo to match your current image color to, if that makes sense.

Here I used the match color setting in photoshop, then selected just the "too red" tones in his face and pushed the red down just a tad...
Also showing you the settings for the match color...I should also mention that I selected just the greens on the tree in the little girls pic and dropped the contrast a bit to match the tree in the boys pic.
I hope this came out ok as I just got this new puter and monitor and I havent yet calbrated it for color.

match.jpg

IMG_0125-1.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

Nice edit, Thanks so much!! I don't have CS3 though, only CS. Bummer.

Most reactions

Back