How would you edit this photo?

Camera Raw/Develop module (ACR) using PV 2003/2010 has a Recovery slider that recovers details (if any) in the highlights.
Make color and tonal adjustments in Camera Raw
When Derrel added 1.45 EV of exposure, the highlights in the image likely maxed out (no detail) and hence the use of Recovery.
The sliders in PV 2012 were updated, and the Recovery slider was eliminated.

recoveryslider.jpg

RecoveryACR.jpg

Wow @ KmH with the LightRoom going on!

Beat me to it!

I cannot believe what some of these color corrections have been...oh my god.

Also, this picture is not worth spending time on. It's a snapshot. As long as the color and tone aren't totally jacked, it's fine..

This picture will never be more than a documentary snap for several reasons first that on the camera or overhead flash gives her that dreaded 'flash beard' shadow. The flash has blown out all the microshadows and let only ugly surface texture. She is straight on to the camera in a totally undynmaic un flattering stance.

As others have siad, toss this and reshoot it.

:lmao: It's amazing to see the different edits people prefer.

I would have to agree... there are only one or two that are even close to being keepers... some are off the charts!

I looked at the EXIF from your picture.
Shooting portraits at 31 mm focal length is a real no-no unless you are quite skilled at handling shot focal lengths.
What will happen is what did happen, there is perspective distortion and her nose looks big, the on-camera flash very up-close blew all the detail out.

You had a zoom, you could have, and should have, stepped back and used the long focal length.

Most reactions

Back