How would you edit?

Joefbs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The wife wants this one printed out. Was wondering how you guys would edit this before I sent it to the printer. Thanks
443a0850d2696dc70c531f21456d4cd2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wife wants this one printed out. Was wondering how you guys would edit this before I sent it to the printer. Thanks
443a0850d2696dc70c531f21456d4cd2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. The sneaker behind your daughter is distracting, I would get rid of it
  2. There are a lot of details in the shot so depending on what you want the viewer to see, I would assume the face and the eyes are the most important part of the picture so I would blur a bit all except for your daughter face. IMHO

Only use selective blur if you're good at it. I personally would try to recover the shadows and see how that looks.

I am not good at Photoshop at all....mostly I use lightroom for my edits. Probably shold have prefaced this topic with that.

Do you have a raw file, or just the jpg?

I've almost certainly gone overboard, here, because I was working way too quickly (since I'm really supposed to be working on a boring football shuttle sign instead of editing strangers' photos on the internets…)--plus, something funky happened to her right arm when I adjusted the shadows. I'm sure that could be fixed by either starting with the raw file or doing some masking. I just made one new layer and slapped everything on the new layer--not how I'd usually work.

Adjusted the curves
Adjusted levels a bit
Lightened the shadows, quite a bit
Did a quick, light (50%) sharpening on her eyes
DEsaturated the dress a little. The dress, while cute, is really distracting to me because of those really, really bright colors; takes away from those beautiful eyes.

Baby_zpsce0d160e_TPFedit.jpg

I do have a raw file but I am not sure how to load it to this thread

Try uploading to another file-sharing site, like mega.co.nz. Then link it from here. Editing options are extremely limited without a RAW file. sm4him did a good edit, but there's a lot of jpeg artifacts that the picture could do without.

I do have a raw file but I am not sure how to load it to this thread

Try uploading to another file-sharing site, like mega.co.nz. Then link it from here. Editing options are extremely limited without a RAW file. sm4him did a good edit, but there's a lot of jpeg artifacts that the picture could do without.
^Agreed. My edit was done more to demonstrate the difference a few touchups could make than to serve as an acceptable finished product!

Awesome, thanks guys! I will try and link to the raw file.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back